- Yankees (Phil Hughes) at Nationals (Gio Gonzalez), 7:05 – Is this a World Series preview?
- Red Sox (Daisuke Matsuzaka) at Cubs (Ryan Dempster), 2:20 – The Theo Bowl. As the two last place teams battle, the Dempster audition continues.
- Pirates (James McDonald) at Indians (Justin Masterson), 7:05 – Each team starts the weekend with identical 32-30 records
- Rockies (Jeff Francis) at Tigers (Casey Crosby), 7:05 – The Rox are 0-9 in interleague play this year
- Phillies (Vance Worley) at Blue Jays (Drew Hutchison), 7:07 – Two 31-win teams hoping to return to .500.
- Marlins (Carlos Zambrano) at Rays (Matt Moore), 7:10 – Will there be anybody at the ballpark?
- Reds (Bronson Arroyo) at Mets (Dillon Gee), 7:10 – Both teams are coming off sweeps.
- Orioles (Brian Matusz) at Braves (Tommy Hanson), 7:35 – The O’s are 9-2 in extra innings and have won nine straight while the Braves are 4-0 in extras. I’m rooting for free baseball.
- Astros (Jordan Lyles), at Rangers (Yu Darvish), 8:05 – Who will Rick Perry root for?
- Brewers (Yovani Gallardo) at Twins (Francisco Liriano), 8:10 – Both starters first names and last names end in vowels
- Giants (Ryan Vogelsong) at Mariners (Jason Vargas), 10:10 – Everyone whose last name begins with “V” should get in free.
- Royals (Vin Mazzaro) at Cardinals (Kyle Lohse), 8:15 The Cardinals lead this rivalry no one cares about, 38-28.
- Diamondbacks (Trevor Cahill) at Angels (Dan Haren), 10:05 – Both of these teams are 6-3 this interleague season.
- Padres (Anthony Bass) at A’s (Travis Blackley), 10:05 – Each game this weekend could end up as a double no-hitter
- White Sox (Chris Sale) at Dodgers (Clayton Kershaw), 10:10 – Kershaw has a 2.65 ERA and Sale’s is better at 2.05. Best game of the night and I’ll be sleeping through it.
Today’s MLB Schedule w/ a side of snark
Previous post: Matt Cain is Perfect