Pitching in arguably the toughest division in baseball, David Price was a star and the best pitcher in the American League.
- Price won 20 victories, the most in the AL.
- He led the AL with an ERA of 2.56.
- He struck out 205.
- Against postseason teams, Price went 9-3 in 15 starts and went 10-2 in the AL East.
- He started 15 games against teams that made the playoffs and was 9-3 in them.
- His WHIP was 1.100 and after the All-Star Break, his WHIP was 0.987.
- In 31 starts, he allowed over three runs just three times and he allowed two earned runs or fewer in 23 of his starts.
- In only six starts, he allowed 8+ hits.
- In his final 18 starts, starting June 19, the Rays were 13-5 while Price was 12-1 with a 2.26 ERA.