With special thanks to Marc Stout, reporter for Colorado Rockies broadcasts, analyst and host for the Rockies Pregame and Postgame Reports, and Senior Billy-Ball Rockies Correspondent.
Here are your Nine to Know: Jaime Moyer and the number 50
- 50 is the uniform number worn by Moyer with the Red Sox in 1996, the Mariners from 1996-2006, the Phillies from 2006-10, and the Rockies in 2012.
- In 1996, with Boston, Moyer allowed 50 runs and struck out 50 batters.
- In 2002, with the Mariners, he allowed 50 walks.
- In 2006, playing the Mariners and Phils, he fielded 50 chances.
- In his career as a reliever, he allowed 50 earned runs.
- As a starter he allowed 50 1st inning homers.
- Scott Brosius, Randy Velarde, Juan Samuel, and David Justice each had 50 plate appearances versus Moyer.
- He struck out 50 Dodgers in his career and walked 50 Mets.
- He recorded 50 strikeouts at the Metrodome in Minnesota and pitched in 50 games at the Kingdome in Seattle.
Happy and healthy birthday, Jaime.
Support Billy-Ball.com and the Bill Chuck Files