Baseball, apple pie, and …
The American Pie Council wants to know which pie are you going to choose for your National Pie Day party? They claim, “The pie-sibilities are endless!”
To find out pie events going on throughout the country visit http://www.piecouncil.org/Events/MoreHappenings.
Or, you simply may want to simply be content with these baseball pie-related items.
Nine to Know Baseball Pies
- The Big Apple Pie – In honor of the Yankees and Mets of New York
- Strawberry Pie – Darryl Strawberry played for both NY teams as well as in
- Dodgers Blue-Berry Pie – For those of who bleed Dodger Blue
- Billy-Ball Cherry Pie – When I was a kid I was haunted by the song, “Where have you been Billy Boy?” Which includes the lyrics, “Can she make a cherry pie, Billy Boy, Billy Boy?”
- The Felix Pie – You say “to-may-to,” I say “to-mah-to.” You say, “pee-ay,” I say “pie.”
- The Walkoff Pie (a.k.a. The Soupy Sales) – Whipped cream in the face, particularly during postgame interviews, has become a baseball tradition
- Georgia Peach Pie – Perfect when you want to Ty Cobb one on.
- Rhubarb Pie – A memorial to the great Earl Weaver who was in his share of rhubarbs.
- Sam LeCure Pi – The Cincinnati reliever had a 3.14 ERA in 2012 (that’s “pi,” baby).
Support Billy-Ball.com and the Bill Chuck Files