The Bill Chuck Files – The Friday Five
Support Billy-Ball.com and the Bill Chuck Files
- Adam Dunn saw 157 full-counts last season, the most in the majors. He walked 55 times but went only 12-for-102 the rest of the time hitting .118.
- Since 2006, Justin Verlander, CC Sabathia, Felix Hernandez, Matt Cain, and Bronson Arroyo are the only pitchers with at least one complete game each season.
- In 2012, Jon Lester threw 454 cutters and he struck out 45 with it. In 2011, Lester threw 798 cutters and he struck out 87. In 2010, Lester threw 728 cutters and he struck out 71. In addition, over the last three seasons, Lester’s fastball velocity has dropped from 93.5 to 92.0 last season.
- Erik Bedard has one complete game in 189 starts.
- There have been 88 pitchers with at least 200 wins in their career. Amongst them, Mordecai Brown has the best ERA at 2.06, Tim Wakefield has the worst at 4.41. Roy Halladay has 199 wins and a 3.31 ERA, the same as Bert Blyleven who ended his career with 287 wins.