Well it was just a matter of time before Joe Torre, Mariah Carey, and the New York Philharmonic teamed up.
On Saturday, July 13, in a live concert on the Great Lawn in Central Park, the New York Philharmonic will celebrate the Major League Baseball All-Star Game with a concert featuring Grammy winner Carey plus a special appearance by Torre.
The program will include
- Gershwin – Strike Up the Band
- Reinecke – Casey at the Bat
- Randy Newman – Suite from The Natural
- Copland – Fanfare for the Common Man
- Kander/Hochman – New York, New York
- Bernstein – On the Town: Three Dance Episodes
- Isham/Dechter – Suite from 42
- Von Tilzer/Rosenhaus – Take Me Out to the Ballgame