The Braves last night defeated the Nationals, 6-3, to complete a three game sweep and pick up their 13th straight win.
Nine to Know
- The Braves are the only team above .500 in the NL East and hold a 15.5 game lead over the Washingtonians.
- The Braves magic number to clinch the NL East is 33.
- The Braves have swept 11 series, 10 three-gamers, one four-game set, four on the road, seven at home.
- Justin Upton extended his hitting streak to 12 games, the longest current streak in the National League. He also has 12 RBI this month.
- Atlanta is 16-4 since the All-Star break.
- The Braves have hit .298 during their 13-game streak.
- They have 139 hits during the streak with 40 for extra-bases including 14 homers.
- Batters are hitting .202 against Braves pitchers over the 13 games, .163 against the bullpen.
- The Braves are undefeated since a Waffle House opened at Turner Field on July 26.