Here’s where we stand this morning:
AL Wild Card
NL Wild Card
If the postseason began today
In the AL:
The Rays and the Indians would meet in Tampa for the AL play-in game with the winner going to Fenway to face the Red Sox and the losers going home. The A’s and the Tigers would be meeting in the other bracket.
In the NL:
The Reds and the Pirates would meet in the NL play-in game in Cincy with the winner heading to Atlanta to face the Braves and the losers going home. The Dodgers and Cardinals would meet in the other bracket.
But the season doesn’t end today
In the AL
- Tampa heads to New York for three and Toronto for three.
- Texas closes out at home against with the Astros for three and the Angels for four.
- Cleveland hosts the White Sox for two, then heads to the Twin Cities for a four gamer.
- Kansas City hit the road for three in Seattle and four against the White Sox.
- Baltimore is in Tampa for one and then back home to face Toronto and Boston for three each.
- The Yankees host the Rays for three and then close in Houston for three.
In the NL
- The Reds host the Mets and Bucs for three each.
- The Pirates close out on the road in Wrigley and Cincy for three.
- The Cardinals then head home to face the Nats and the Cubs for three each.
- The Nationals head to St. Louis and Arizona for three each.