John Lackey was simply brilliant last night as he bested Justin Verlander and the Tigers, 1-0. Lackey allowed four hits in 6.2 innings, striking out eight and walked no one as Boston took a 2-1 lead in the LCS.
Nine to Know
- In 2013, John Lackey did not have one reg season game in which he allowed no runs.
- Lackey did have two games in 2013 in which he allowed no EARNED runs but this was his first allowing no runs since July 9, 2011.
- Last night, Lackey threw 97 pitches, 66 for strikes.
- He tossed 24 first-pitch strikes.
- He mixed his pitches well with 47 fastballs, 30 cutters, and 20 curves.
- Lackey threw 18 of 20 curves for strikes, 32 of 47 fastballs for strikes, and 16 of 30 cutters for strikes.
- Batters swung at 51 pitches and missed 16.
- In 36 PA this season with a runner on third and less than two outs, Lackey had four whiffs; last night he picked up number five.
- Lackey has three 1-0 wins in his regular season career.